Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just His Footprints

Worship at church this morning nearly brought tears to my eyes and the message was everything I needed to hear.

No matter what mistakes we make or how negative we feel about ourselves, Jesus is there to remind us we are forgiven and to lift us up.

My whole life I have felt that perfection was the only way to Christ. I have even had debates with friends and even my husband about what it means to be saved. I just didnt understand how we could truly be saved if we give our hearts to God and then turn our backs from him and sin willingly. I didnt think I could ever be truly saved because I constantly sin. My husband, pastor, parents, and friends have witnessed to me about Jesus' grace and mercy. No matter how far down I am and no matter how much I have screwed up, I am forgiven.

For years I have been struggling with myself, life, etc....and this year of 2009 seems to be a year of breaking through the junk that I have stockpiled. Perhaps 2009 and age 25 is the time in my life when I can break free of the chains that have tied me down. I feel like Jesus is doing something incredible in my life but in the midst of it is pain and turmoil. I feel like it's all part of the process though. I just need to turn to Jesus instead of other worldy comforts to get me through the process.

I want to make this life about Jesus and not me!!!!!!!!!! Today I feel so refreshed because Jesus is with me on this journey!! He is healing me!! He is preparing me for my purpose, my roles.....

I am reminded of the Footprints in the Sand poem. For so long I have felt that I was alone and had slipped away from Jesus but today He showed me that He is carrying me. He is carrying us through the storm! See His Footprints in your life!

I am just so thankful for the rest of this year and the rest of the time I have at age 25 to move past this phase in my life. It's time to wake up each morning with purpose, thankfulness, peace, happiness even in the midst of the storm.

My husband is making breakfast and for some reason is smells like a turkey dinner. The smells remind me of family and the holidays coming up. I cant wait for the warmth of my parents home as we celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can see the tree with the lights and feel the coziness of curling up on the couch to watch our favorite Christmas movies. More importantly, the reason for the season!

No comments: