Sunday, September 27, 2009

The best part of waking up, should NOT just be folgers in my cup!

I will get to the point of my title, but first.......

.......Yesterday (saturday) was nice! Worked on some hobbies and relaxed!

I ran about 5 miles to where Steven (hubby) and I planned on eating dinner (out) and then called Steven when I got there so he knew when to leave the house. This is what I call multitasking! We met up at China Palace, one of our favorite Chinese Restaurants here in town.

After a long run Im usually famished. I could smell chinese food outside the restaurant which added to my growing hunger pains. I ordered steamed rice and steamed vegetables. Steven and I also shared a side of egg rolls. I ate 1 1/2 and took the other half home. Before heading home, we picked up some groceries.

As you can imagine, I was starving, because I mostly ate vegetables with my dinner. Ive been really trying to eat healthy and exercise because I got a little off track this summer. My goal for the fall was to get back into the health groove! It is a lifestyle change, not a diet! I have a weakness for chocolate and thought for my latenight sweet tooth cravings Id try one of those Yoplait Yogurts that have different flavors like Boston Cream Pie. It was devine and I didnt miss the fact that it didnt look like pie :)

A couple hours later I was hungry again! I ventured to the kitchen and decided to eat the other half of my egg roll. Alarms when off in my head! STOP! (I yelled inside my head). I proceeded to eat two pieces of my husband's MarFar Chicken which is breaded chicken (no sauce). I stopped for a moment and realized I was actually HUNGRY and nibbling on chinese food would not be the best thing.

I needed something healthy and filling. I decided to try the new Kashi cereal I bought. Two, small, unmeasured bowls later I found myself finally satisfied in my stomach but disatisfied at the same time. I wished I hadn't sampled the deep fried goods from China Palace and I was also wishing that I would have measured my cereal instead of just pouring it out aimlessly into a bowl.

~The perfectionist in me wants to make sure that healthy foods go into my mouth at all times and also not knowing exactly how much cereal I had bothers me.

~The perfectionist in me finds it's way into every avenue of my life. When I dont meet my own expectations, I feel like a failure.

I sat down lastnight with my journal and decided to write out what I was feeling. I thought about how I would feel and respond to situations like this in the past and realized that in order to change behavior I need to keep moving forward and change my way of thinking......

I wrote down that I want to be healthy and fit but that doesnt mean that I am going to eat perfectly or have the perfect body. Also, just because I sampled some deep fried foods and had an extra bowl of cereal, doesnt mean that Im going to gain 10 pounds or even that I ate too much. I ate because I was actually hungry and I stopped eating when I was satisfied. Our bodies talk to us and we need to listen to them!

Dont put yourself down when you think you've made a mistake. Also, what we think are mistakes, might not even be mistakes! Maybe we just need to have more confidence in ourselves. Our mistakes do not define us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time, lastnight, I actually believed that I am a healthy person, I am NOT perfect, and choices I made yesterday were not going to bring me down.

I went to bed lastnight knowing that I did the best I could that day to live healthy, to live right.

I woke up this morning knowing today is a new day!!! Yesterday is in the past and I just need to move forward to GROW and REACH MY GOALS!!!! :) That was the best part of waking up!!! The Lord Blessed ME/US with another day of living :) Yesterday is gone, all we have is today!!!!!!!

So my words of wisdom to you all, from God, is to just not let so called "failures" and even real failures stop you from feeling PURPOSE in this life and also from accomplishing your goals/dreams!!! God is in control and with Him all things are possible!!!! :):):)

And even some coffee in the morning makes things a little more sweeter......

1 comment:

Shawnee said...

Hey hon!
Sounds like you had a good start to getting back into the groove of your healthy life style. I hope classes are going well.